HOME ABOUT REVIEWS POLICY EMAIL TWITTER RSS

13.11.13

Waiting on Wednesday (#1)



Admittedly, I would've rather had my first (well, second) post be an actual review, but I can't review any books until I actually finish reading them, so please be patient with me. In the meantime, I leave you this.

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight some upcoming releases that we're impatiently tapping our feet for. It's a great way to to keep track of some of the most anticipated releases amongst other book bloggers and a new way to discover books yourself.

At the moment, the book I'm most excited for is:

Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3)
By Marissa Meyer
To be published: February 4th, 2014
Find: Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository
Rapunzel’s tower is a satellite. She can’t let down her hair—or her guard.

In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker—unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.
When I first picked up Cinder, the first book in the series, I honestly didn't expect to love it as much as I did. It was a great, unique retelling of the Cinderella story with a pretty kick-ass (Asian!) protagonist and a male lead with his own developed storyline. Sorry Prince Charming, you don't have anything on Prince Kai! The sequel, Scarlet, was just as good as the first, and I expect Cress  to be the same.

9 comments:

  1. i still need to pick up this series but my sister/blogging partner is crazy about it. awesome pick! hope you get your copy sooner rather than later.

    stop by my WoW post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to get around to reading this series. Have heard some amazing things about it! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! Thanks for sharing.

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/come-to-me-quietly/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes! My friend was lucky enough to get an ARC and she let me borrow it and it's ssssooooo good!!!! I can't wait to get a beautiful hardcover! Great choice :) Thanks for stopping by!

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I'm jealous that you got to read it. I'll try to be patient, but it's hard!

      Delete
  6. An Asian protagonist? Take my money, publishers! I've heard about the Lunar Chronicles but haven't begun the series. It sounds great, though!

    Ellen @ Glamorous Book Lounge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The entire first book is set in "New Beijing" so you should definitely check it out!

      Thanks for stopping by~

      Delete
  7. Cool pick. thanks for sharing :)

    new follower!

    ReplyDelete