HOME ABOUT REVIEWS POLICY EMAIL TWITTER RSS

1.12.13

Weekly Roundup: 11.25 - 12.1



I hope everyone's had a fun, safe, drama-free Thanksgiving weekend. I didn't get to do any Black Friday shopping but my weekend was still super busy between prepping the Thanksgiving meal, eating that meal, and a planning a meetup with friends that included an all-you-can-eat sushi binge and watching Catching Fire at the drive-in theater. I was debating whether I should do a movie review for Catching Fire or not, but I decided against it. All I have to say was that I surprisingly loved it. It was loads better than the first movie and much better than the books. And oh my word, Finnick. There's been a lot of hooplah about how Sam Calflin wasn't right for the role, but I certainly enjoyed watching him.

Thanksgiving Weekend Readathon

For some odd reason, I didn't expect to be so busy during this weekend and so I planned to do a mini personal readathon. That was a failure. I did manage to finish one book, but I wish I made a bit more progress. I'll do more comprehensive reviews later in the week.


All Our Yesterdays
by Cristin Terrill
Status: Completed, ❤❤❤❤❤

Time-travel, moral dilemmas, and an atypical love triangle. I went into this book with no expectations and greatly enjoyed it.

This Song Will Save Your Life
by Leila Sales
Status: Didn't Finish

I tried, but I didn't enjoy what I read. Maybe it gets better, but I had a lot of issues with Elise's views in life. You know there's going to be a problem when someone thinks they're too good to listen to pop music.

Pawn
by Aimee Carter
Status: Currently Reading

Just started reading this book, so I don't have any opinions on it yet. I just hope it's good.


This Past Week on Bookcharmed
Links of Interest
  • Book Blogging - Book Blogging is a new community for book bloggers everywhere. It includes a directory of book blogs and a forum for people to discuss various topics from blogging suggestions, book giveaways, and website design. It's also a great way to connect to other bloggers. If you join, don't forget to add me @bookcharmed!
  • Mean Elves - Mean Girls meets The Hobbit. This just makes me even more excited for the release of the second Hobbit movie. Two more weeks!
  • Pumpkin Tiramisu - November may be over with winter just around the corner, but there's still plenty of time for pumpkin-flavored food. I'm adding this dessert to my to-bake list.
And that's all for this week. Be sure to follow us on GFC, twitter, or Bloglovin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment